What's New In Opera 3 SQL SE (2.53) And Opera 3 (2.53)?
Greater performance awaits...
The latest versions of Opera 3 SQL SE and Opera 3 have been released. Both contain performance enhancements, as well as new features.
Significant performance improvements have been made in the following areas:
- SOP/Invoicing Batch Processing: As we highlighted at the Partner Conference in May, this function would perform well for the majority of customers; we did, however, accept that there may be issues in fulfilling customer expectations when document volumes are much higher than the norm. Following a deep-dive analysis of this complex and highly functional area we have optimised the invoice generation process and seen significant performance gains compared to previous timings. In addition, the progress bar has been adapted to enhance the customer experience by displaying on screen the number of documents still to be processed.
- Cashbook: Performance of the Reconciliation Process has been improved.
- Task Scheduler Viewer: Initial loading and general usability performance improvements have been implemented together with an improvement to the View History option.
- Sales & Purchase Period End: In Opera 3 SQL SE the Sales and Purchase Period Ends have been enhanced to eradicate some low-impact data issues highlighted by the health-checker.
Opera 3 SQL SE (2.53): Server Administration and Monitoring Tool (SAM)
In Opera 3 SQL SE (2.53) the SAM Tool has been improved as follows:
- Service Status View: A new View has been added.
- Service Logs: Service Logs can now be exported to CSV.
- Server Information Report: This report now contains the session number.
Opera 3 SQL SE (2.53) and Opera 3 (2.53): Purchase Order Processing
In both Opera 3 SQL SE (2.53) and Opera 3 (2.53), Purchase Order Processing has been improved as follows:
- Find Document: Performance has been improved to offer the ability to restrict the search to the current supplier.
- Stock Item field: Within both POP Processing and POP Documents the Stock Item field has now been further optimised to provide much faster response times for sites who have significant amounts of users adding and editing Orders and Documents at the same time.
Opera 3 (2.53): CRM
In Opera 3 (2.53) the CRM application has been improved as follows:
- Worksheet Billing – This routine has been converted to a non-exclusive process allowing multiple users to run the billing process.
- Delete Contact Details – It is now possible to delete Contact details from the Sales Pipeline
Management and Service Management & Helpdesk applications. A new “Delete contact” option has been added to the Contacts menu. This will improve the users experience when removing Contact information that they should no longer be holding.
- Transferring records between Contacts – It is now possible to transfer outstanding Helpdesk Calls, Service Contracts, assigned Equipment Items, etc, to another Contact record. A new “Transfer records” option has been added to the Contacts menu to allow the user to reassign work items in bulk. For example, all an employee’s outstanding Helpdesk Call activities can be transferred to another contact when that person is going on annual leave. Opera 3 (2.53): Sales Period End
- In Opera 3 (2.53) the Sales Period End has been improved for sites that have very significant amounts of Debtor Days History.
Opera 3 (2.53) and Opera II (7.73): Reporter
In Opera 3 (2.53) and Opera II (7.73) the Reporter Application has been amended so that fields related to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) are now available in the Contact Processing section.
Opera 3 SQL SE (2.53), Opera 3 (2.53), Opera II (7.73) and Pegasus Web
Xchange (2.00.40): General
Some general changes have been included:
- Maintenance: A number of maintenance SCRs have been included for Opera 3 SQL SE (2.53), Opera 3 (2.53), Opera II (7.73) and Pegasus Web Xchange (2.00.40).
- Microsoft SQL Server 2017: Opera 3 SQL SE (2.53), Opera 3 SQL (2.53), Document Management and Stocktake are now supported with Microsoft SQL Server 2017.